The problem with walkbehinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CWG, Mar 23, 2005.

1. CWG

CWG LawnSite Member

I've seen some excellent workmanship on most brands. What I dont care for is two fold.
    One, Is there one that will adjust to 3-4"?
    Two, is there one that will adjust to something higher- i.e. I cant be the only cutter who is taller than 6 foot! My ferris wont go higher than what looks like it was made for someone with serious long arms LOL

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Most floating Decks adjust to 4.5" These Days.

Your Second Problem is that You are Too Tall to be Mowing Grass...it's Dangerous.

3. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I got the Hustler walkbehind, and I think there was something about height adjustment in the literature. I am 5 11 and it works ok stock for me, so I did not attempt to adjust it.

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

The Hustler WB have 2 settings on the handle bar height. Any floating deck WB will adjust from 1.5 to 4inch cut height.

5. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

yup, i can relate to the taller than 6 foot problem...

i have not found ANY piece of equipment that is comfortable for my height(6'5'')...longer handlebars help a little , but the 'angle' of the bars needs to be steeper...

6. cutrite

cutrite LawnSite Member

I'm only 6'1" but once I was mowing around a tree watching to not hit any roots,and you guessed it I hit a limb.I went right done on my ass.Never seen it coming. :dizzy:

7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I was demoing this mower and measered the blades at 5.5" it was confortable once I got used to the controls im 6'2"

DSC00046.jpg