The quest for comfortable boots is OVER!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jun 10, 2008.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I've tried boot after boot after boot and not cheapo's. Usually I would spend anywhere from 100.00-130.00 on a pair but they never seemed to last or they just were'nt comfortable. BUT, if your looking for a very, very comfortable, rugged, great traction boot buy "Daner's", I bought the Instigator Brown GTX Gortex They were like puting on sneakers and great support etc. I paid 162.00 (ouch) but so far their worth their weight in gold. Just thought I would share my great findings with others who were looking for a great boot.:waving:

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

got a link?

3. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Daner's are awesome I have worn them for years.

4. nobagger

from Pa

No sorry, A guy at Dick's Sporting Good's store told me about a place called "Rockwall Haven" (I think) in a local Mall so I just went there and there they were.

5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Here you go:
    http://www.danner.com/product/insti...word=instigator&sortby=price&asc=false&page=1

Good looking boot. $160 is cheap compared to having to go to the chiropractor because your bones got out of whack wearing bad shoes. I've heard of it happening. My brother was in marching band, carrying a big bass drum, and the shoes they wore and the way they had to march caused him serious leg pain for a couple years after he quit the band.

6. nobagger

from Pa

YEP those are the ones...except for the steel toes.

7. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

been wearing danners for years

only problem i need a new pair every 9 months

also they take awhile to break in

8. 19-SAH-98

19-SAH-98 LawnSite Member

I have about 8 pairs of Danner boots....they're great. Another good brand is Muck. If you want a good slip on boot for working in wet/muddy areas. Don't buy the knock-offs, make sure they are made by Muck. The pair I have cost about $90.

9. mulchmaster

mulchmaster LawnSite Member
    from ohio

My redwings were killing me! A great boot, but without the Dr S's inserts I would have traded up.

MM

10. BrIONwoshMunky

BrIONwoshMunky LawnSite Member

My Redwings are the only boots I've ever worn that didn't have a 'break-in' period. Comfortable for 8+ hrs. each day. I think it's just different for everyone. To each his own sorta thing.