The Qwikchute...Better then sliced bread!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, May 25, 2005.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Just received a couple Qwikchutes from Dale and boy are they nice. I had homemade blockers and they worked but were not especially convenient, and often left me pretty messy. The Qwikchute works great, very fast, very easy to use, and are solidly built. I know folks have boasted about them in the past but I felt so pleased I had to give them another reccomendation.

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had mine over a year and still no problems. Don't expect any problems since it has no electronic parts.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

A couple questions. First, what do you mean that your homemade blockers "left you pretty messy"?

Second, what type mowers did you put the Qwikchutes on?

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

gogetter

I had made homemade blockers for all my walkbehinds and both riders. As far as the riders go, I had a Tiger Cub and a Super Z. I could open and close the chute no problem, but I had trouble getting a positive lockdown. This would cause the door to open just a bit in heavy grass which spewed up on the deck and in my face. I could manual keep it closed, but always seemed to be a hastle. I now have the Qwickchutes on a Super Z and a Super Mini. They are just so convenient, quick, and keep the grass under the deck and not in my face. I also like them because I can use a side bagger with the chute installed.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Thanks for the reply. I checked out their site again recently, and unfortunately they still don't make them for walk behinds I see. That sucks.

I'd make my own, but with my skills I'd probably end up with something like you had, where it's not all that I want it to be.

I'm thinking of trying the Blade Blocker from Trimmer Trap, or the Vulcher with the cabled remote.

Lol, maybe I'll try one of each and keep which ever one I like better and eBay the other one!

6. Glenn J

Glenn J LawnSite Member

That Blade Blocker looks pretty interesting. It seems to be the most "universal" of the bunch. I may have to look into that.

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I'm happy with the electric unit I made. It's almost indispensible.
    Here's a pic for Glenn. Oops! I have a hair on my scanner!

scan2.jpg

8. Glenn J

Glenn J LawnSite Member

Nice trike!

Do you have any pics of that electric unit you fabbed?

9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, but you'll have to search my attachments or I can send them to you via email. Apparently, attachments can't be posted twice. I guess they take up too much space.

10. Glenn J

Glenn J LawnSite Member

Cool, I'll do a search and let you know what I find.