"The Rash"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowHouston, Feb 2, 2008.

1. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I've spent a lot of time on these forums lately and my girlfriend decided she wanted to ask a questions so I'm writing this for her by proxy:

Last year, I would get that mean little rash between the legs and I was constantly complaining about it. She bought me diaper rash cream, baby powder, wet wipes, all that stuff.

So basically, she wants to know how we can deal with that this year so she can take care of her "hard working man" :laugh:

Is there certain creams you guys wear? Underwear that helps prevent it? Soap? ;)

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Gold Bond powder or anti fugal spray powder. It's sweat that sits there and gets rubbed and irritates the skin ....

3. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

Gold bond is the answer. But too much info

4. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

So, this is what your girl can get to help her baby........

Try A+D Zinc Oxide Cream NOT the Original formula(it's too thick to rub in well) The label for the good stuff is blue/purple and yellow and not brown and yellow. Most mothers have already used this stuff for years. Works great and lasts. Here in Florida it better.

> A+D® Zinc Oxide Cream

If a rash does occur, A+D® Zinc Oxide contains the #1 pediatrician- recommended ingredient for treating diaper rash. Nothing is more effective. :walking:

5. I was told to start shaving there, don't know haven't tried yet.

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Start with under armour boxer briefs....

7. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Definintly try the Under Armour boxers, if those don't work try some loose fitting biking shorts (spandex). I don't know too much about the creams.

8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

gold bold all year

9. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I like plain cornstarch that you buy in the cooking section. This is what we always kept out for everyone at the cattle sellbarn and I still use it. Keep some on hand and I bet you will not get gaulded anymore.

10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

that'll fix it, I used to have the same problem but last year switched to UA. they're expensive but worth every cent haven't had a case of "the rash" sense switching.