the real organic way

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by treegal1, Jun 11, 2008.

1. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

2. brianlooft

brianlooft LawnSite Member

Although many people in Cuba could use a better way of life, it would be a shame to see that beautiful place ravaged by hotel chains & resorts if they had their way. Beautiful island.

3. treegal1

a better way of life, are you kidding?? where is the free health care here?? are there more people living longer in the US or Canada??? and where is this better life you hope for, here in the us where a small bit of info for sustainable agriculture costs 30,000$$$$ i grew up in Miami and have been to CUBA several times, they have had it there way for 50 years, the only ones that are bringing there way to the island are foreign

4. brianlooft

Poverty, hunger, oppression, political persecussion!? Non-existant in Cuba!? I may not have been there several times like yourself, but you dont see boatloads of Americans fleeing to Cuba!
    Im not saying its perfect here by any means, but lets not pretend theres not more opportunity here for the determined.

5. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

I guess that depends on what is considered opportunity. There is a lot of opportunity to do good in the USA while also becoming wealthy but the primary model is becoming wealthy at the expense of others and the earth. Treegal has a good point. Why is there no healthcare in the USA for those who cannot pay? It cannot be the money because look at the fortune spent on international projects and on making the rich, richer. Why do the American people allow their elected representatives to behave with such apathy, to not care for the sick, elderly and disabled?

Your politicians tell you that the health care in Canada is of poor quality (especially McCain). I can testify that it is fabulous. My 86 year old father entered hospital a while back for a bacterial infection. He had CT scans, endoscopies, X-rays, ECG, numerous blood tests and stayed in a private room for over a month.
    The bill was $0. It makes me wonder what the truth is about Cuba.

Sorry for going off topic.

6. brianlooft

Opportunity to work hard and provide for your family.
    Dont get me wrong, Im certainly no flag waving Republican type. But everyone on this message board is working the capitalist system.

Enough of that.

7. treegal1

and if my government would give me land and not just rent(taxes) it to me, and there was a doctor around, then why not just grow food and export commodity's, the savings in bureaucracy would be incredible.as it is now we get to keep only 35 percent after taxes, property, income, sales, fuel, road,excise tax, that's a good point excise tax do you know that excise tax was imparted to support the Mexican American war. can you give me a year that that ended????and i still pay that tax every day???

what we need to do is get of the product wagon and figure out what to do when the oil stops, and the answer is organic gardening, food, fuel, medicine.

thats OK when it all goes down, i will put the starving out of there missery..

8. treegal1

In 1980, after the Peru embassy incident, Fidel opened the doors for many people to escape thorough the Mariel to come to the USA. The relatives began to go to Cuba in ships to pick them up, but bad old Fidel, when he realized that that was a very bad propaganda for his regime and himself, began to put delinquents on the ships as a condition for the relatives to take the family to the USA.

He even allowed people who had been in jail to go to a certain place called "Las 4 Ruedas" to request being included on the ships. Lawyers made a fortune falsifying documents for people who just wanted to leave

do you want to be held against your free will, like the US does, no ?? so whats wrong with the CUBAN people leaving the bad home for a new one, is that not the story of America, people left when they thought that they were being done wrong???? is this hypocrisy???

9. treegal1

all that said lets get back on topic here.. sustainable agriculture ???? yes grass is still a plant??? so what do they do that works and how do we adapt?????

lets do some real work and not disgusting poli TICKS!!!

10. brianlooft

Put poop on lawns.:)