The real way to mow and blow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshprince94, Feb 15, 2008.

1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Roger The Turtle

Roger The Turtle LawnSite Member

3. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are terrible!!! I'm surprised the guys in the first video didn't have shears to mow that grass!

4. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

i hope this was just a joke doing it for the vid. if i hired someone and they used trimers to MOW with i would have Fired them before they got a 1/3 of the way through that small section. as soon as i saw them doing that i would send them on thier way.

5. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

do you really think putting a mower up there to blow objects at cars is a better idea? not to mention getting a z turn on that median.

6. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

not to mention there is no room to blow there without being hit by a car-dont be a hater-go mow some grass dude

7. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, how can you criticize these guys? They did it the best way possible (although using brooms went a lil' far) They did the same amount of work as 1 guy (cause there's no way you'll get 2 or 3 on there blowing crap at each other) in 15 minutes. Keep in mind that there are cars going by that are just a few feet from them. I guess you've never hit a soda bottle, or a beer can or even a piece of debris to see what it will actually do. I say less wear on a bigger mower & 20 minutes worth of work done in 2 minutes. Plus, the way they were doing it didn't look like they scalped anywhere, just nice even motions.

Chris

8. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

Prisoners should be mowing the medians for nothing....but I agree with Meadow, I would employ this practice, rather than crossing busy streets with a machine, bucking it up over the curb and possibly shooting debris into on-coming traffic.

9. mark_the_psycho

mark_the_psycho LawnSite Member

Why not use a 21 inch mulcher?

And why was one guy using a branch as a broom?

10. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Again, it would not have gotten done in a timely fashion, plus they would have had to start up their weed whackers to go around the curb line. SO you would have had wear & tear on a mower & weed whackers vs. 4 weed whackers. Also, personally, I wouldn't have wanted to stay on that median longer than I had to.....ever see a car swerve out of control & hit one of those things? Less time there = less chance for liability. Not sure of the guy w/the branch??? Maybe he was using it to push the grass in the bag or maybe just stuffing it in there.