1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

the reason i canceled the last guy.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 10, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i did an estimate for maint on a referrel this morning. she told me, "the reason i cancelled the last guy, is because he charged me for a fall leaf cleanup, then he came again in spring, and cleaned up again, AND TRIED TO CHARGE ME FOR A SPRING CLEANUP!" she thought this was rediculous. another funny thing she mentioned, she goes, "and don't worry if i fall 2-3 months behind in payments, it's no problem for ME if i have to catch up later and pay a few months at a time." :dizzy: :dizzy: :nono: i said, "well, it IS a problem for me. in fact, i'll take a month in advance, so we can be sure this doesn't happen." i love doing FREE spring estimates, i meet all kinds
  2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

You went out on a Sunday to do an estimate??
  3. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

If going to a customers house on a Sunday morning doesn't classify you as a scrub I dont know what does!

:p :p :p

Just kidding... So did you tell her that YOU were going to charge for every clean up performed as well??
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think a high class lawn king such as yourself wouldn't have to go out on a sunday. If your so busy, why even bother with someone like this?
  5. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

Mo Green, you may be right............BTW, how the heck did you post 1,218 messages in just the past 7 months?
  6. Mo Green

I sent way too much time on here during the winter. I think I'm just a hopeless Lawnsite Addict. :dizzy:
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I do plenty of estimates on Sunday. Many times, that is the only time my prospects can see me and is most convenient to them. This way, I get to meet both the husband and the wife. How does making Sunday estimates make you a scrub I would like to know?
  8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I was making a joke Rod. I was just razzing Mr Gedd and his outlandish stories. I actually heard the jean jacket Bon Jovi bit on the Daily Show last week and it seemed fitting with Mr Booby Gedd and his whacked out story telling.
  9. Mo Green

It doesn't make you a scrub, in my opinion. I do them on sundays sometimes, too. I am just ragging booby a little.
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

not only did i do an estimate, i also removed some dead shrubs and prepped for new ones to go in during the week. why wouldn't i work sundays? i'd rather have off tuesdays and wednesdays than sundays and saturday. you see, ON THE WEEKENDS, while you lowlives are standing in long lines, driving in weekend traffic, waiting outside a resturaunt for your name to be called, dealing with weekend crowds (aka, "the weekend warrior")....i'm working. now, while you losers are working tuesdays and wednesdays, i'm off, enjoying things like fishing, dining out, movies, the beach, etc WITHOUT the weekend crowd! you people are commoners, nothing more than part of the herd. how do you feel while you're standing outside a resturaunt with the rest of the herd waiting to be seated? i'll tell you how you LOOK, you look STUPID!