The Rich and Famous

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JohnnyRoyale, May 22, 2008.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

In the last 15 years I have had the pleasure of working for some very wealthy people. We worked for a particular multi millionaire (international businessman) on his 350 acre ranch, for almost two years, and I had thought I had died and gone to heaven every day when working on that property. Last year we worked for a multi-billionaire, which made all the other examples of affluence look like the homeless of the Rich and Famous world. It amazes me to observe how some people with big money live life. What have any of your experiences been with the Rich and Famous.

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a famous guy on tv one time...

3. rachael24

rachael24 LawnSite Member

LOL....Me too!

4. xtoyz

xtoyz LawnSite Member

Subscribed. This could be interesting :)

5. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Johnny, what happened to these accounts that you did? WHy not anymore?

6. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine (now deceased) stole Paul Newman's JD lawn tractor....

As an aside, Paul Newman almost ran my wife off the road (when she was in high school, before I knew her). He used to drive an old beater station wagon.
    She also saw Patrick Stewart having lunch in the Orange, CT TGI Fridays with an agent/theatre rep.

Seems I always miss out on stuff....

7. BFLL

BFLL LawnSite Member

I was in line with David Copperfield at Kings Island once. I was standing right next to him and would have never known, but my friends went crazy.
    I could see it in his eyes..(I wish these damn people would leave me alone)

8. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

Ate dinner at a small Italian restraunt in downtown Austin a few months ago and Quentin Tarentino was sitting at the next table with a group. They were pretty loud and obnoxious.
    When I was younger we landscaped Bo Jackson's house in Kansas City. He was pretty cool he used to come out and talk to me and bring out cold beers at the end of the day. I'd shoot the breeze with him like any other guy and he seemed to like that. My boss came around one time and he came out, the boss started making a big deal out of it and asked him for his autograph and it P*ssed Bo off. Bo told him he didn't want to deal with him anymore, if he needed to say anything to us he'd talk to me about it form now on. My boss didn't have much to say to me for several days after that.

9. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Where I used to work (lawn & garden supply store) we had a few celebs as customers...

Martha Stewart, Meatloaf, Bill Smitrovich, couple others that I can't remember their names....

Oh, yeah. My uncle ate lunch with Bob Crane in Stratford, once.
    And Wally Cox used to eat dinner in Monroe.

10. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

Did Bob show him any dirty pictures?