The Right Fertilizer?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by WirthOutdoorServices, Dec 26, 2009.

1. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Well, we were all in agreement about being positive. So now, after four days, no response
    from the original poster. Did he like / accept / heed the advice ?

(And he's from Wooster, home of The OSU Agricultural Technical Institute. For those of you outside of Ohio, it's a research place and also has a two-year educational degree program.
    Many good profs here who would be happy to either answer questions or refer to other resources.)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. castle555

castle555 LawnSite Member

Hi there dirtandhoops,
    Well -you may be onto something there.
    It is holiday time and he might get back to us once back- if not then that's pretty disrespectful not to.
    Jury's still out though, he doesn't have much of a profile and only 3 posts with questions.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Compost does a soil good!

4. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Did anybody hear something?

5. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

In the spirit of being positive... I'm positive that, arbitrarily dumping triple 13, on every lawn, as a one size fits all solution, will not play well with clients that have - even a rudimentary understanding of the weed, we like to call - 'turfgrass'.

Perhaps he hasn't gotten back to us because he is consulting his accountant, even as we speak... :)

6. castle555

A little knowledge can be dangerous, and I don't think we are really helping that guy out. In fact he has just enough information, or enough rope to hang himself, to do exactly what you are saying . . . he's going to have some crabby customers because it just ain't that simple with turf.

7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

That's why it called a forum... 2 way discussion... hashing out the details and misunderstandings...
    Thinking... takes time and energy.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

If you go back and re-read my original post to the guy...that is exactly what I was saying!

I wasn't trying to be rude...but the truth may hurt!

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Castle,
    just read a few thousand posts right here--and then--you will get a feel for who is in outer space and the majority who give good advice--if everybody agrees, it is probably good advice. Be sure to pay particular attention to those with a similar climate and grass type. Remember you cannot apply crabgrass or weed control--liquid or granular--on any property except your own--unless you have a pesticide license.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  10. castle555

Thanks RigglPLC for that centering comment,
    I know it takes time to get a feel for the fact or fiction of it all, and I show a few posts as a rather new member compared to some of the multi-thousand posts out there. I do read and compare on many of the different topics to find some common accepted method or process.
    This is from a previous page, on my post to this thread.
    "In California we have our own EPA to regulate us above and beyond and in addition to the Federal EPA - So I had to get a State Certified Pesticide Applicator's License (via Exam) and register with my County Agricultural Commissioner, via the California Department of Pesticides.
    ...and, it doesn't make me an expert :hammerhead:

"It's a complex world out there, don't complexify, simplify"