The right start???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Apr 3, 2006.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I was wondering what do you charge for 1/4 acre, 1/2 acre, acre and so on....I just want to start my little buisness out right! Thanks alot guys you have been great:waving:

2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

In midwest USA - Iowa - I charge $35 minimum up to one acre - $25-30 per acre after than depending on the property, Trimming etc. We mow 20 acre commercial - 3 hrs. two mowers - JD 495-595, so we are equiped for big deals. You may not be. We can also take these mega wide mowers and do
    10K yards in 6-8 minutes and have the trimming basically done. You have to have the right equipment to do the job.

3. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

so like most residential lawns what does every charge?Thanks buy the way flex deck!

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Do not want to hog the thread, but I think really that you need a minimum. There are so many small small yards that need a minimum because of load and unload time.

Usually. the 3 minutes it takes us to unload and load is 1/2 the time on a 12K yard, so I have to make at least a 1/5 hr. gross on the mower (Happens to be 100 for mine, and 60 for the wifes (per hr.) That is why we have the $35 minimum.

Usually we have yards within driving the mower to range in areas, so one mower heads one way, and another heads the other, and we meet to reload.

5. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

anywhere from 25 to 55

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

some guys here claim they can get 60-80 per acre, not where im at....35 or 40 seems to be where they top out at, but if you have the ability to do an acre in a half hour or so, thats not too bad i guess..