1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The rip-offs are out already !!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kipcom, Mar 19, 2005.

1. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Noticed the last couple of weeks that Truecrud <sp> and Scatts <sp> have been spraying in the area...Dang Man its still below freezing here at nite.

Dry is prob ok but spray ROFLMAO :cool2:
  2. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

just curious....what do you find so funny?
  3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Just depends on what they are spraying. I use to use Tru for my apps years ago before I got licensed. Main reason I got my license was because I did not agree with alot of things they use to do.

For myself there is nothing I want to spray this early, but that's me and the products limitations that I use. Everyone around here is out doing granular apps though for sure.
  4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I noticed them applying with snow on the ground about 2 weeks ago. I have yet to apply anything...
  5. fert40

fert40 LawnSite Member

I live in northern indiana and I am wondering what they could be applying so early. There is still some mounds of snow on the ground in some areas here. What's the big rush?
  6. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

The gnats always flit and buzz around the elephant.......

But the elephant just plods on and does what he wants.........

And the gnats keep buzzing.......Wishing they were elephants??????
  7. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

KLR.... I find funny is the fact they are spraying liquid already !!! Indiana Zone 4 still has freezing temps at nite.

The flyers my neighbors and I have received stated that a 7-10 application program was needed LOL...!!!!!!

I am really educating my customers aswell as non-customers as to the REAL truth to what lawn service they need.

Ignorance is no excuse....and shame on those who pray on people who just dont know any better.

8. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

nite time freezing temps is a problem,,,,why??

7-10 app program is funny,,,,why???

ignorance is no excuse,,,, yes i agree

Groundkpr, i appreciate the elephant analogy
  9. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

were they spraying lawns or trees? the lawn guys at scotts don't spray until april/may, the tree guys are out doing dorment oils and/or deep root feedings. there (lawn service) r1 is granular pre-emgnt. can't say for truegreen.
  10. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Looking ahead at the temps for the next 10 days ...it may be a good time to lay down the pre emergents. :blob3: spring is on the way!