1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The Same Brand?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N&CLandscaping, Sep 5, 2006.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you use only one brand for everything, like all Echo for 2 stroke and how many of you (who have more than one truck) have the same brand and color, same goes for the trailer. Or how many of you mix match equipment? just like to know?
  2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I think alot of it has to do with what dealer someone uses.

I use echo trimmers and blowers, Stihl saws and Scag Mowers, and some old 4 stroke wb edgers....I have a good relationship with my dealer who sells these products.

Plus its easier to maintain spare parts...
  3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

i have two grasshoppers 223/52 and322d/61. ihave gravely1332 pro gear. older handhelds are echo[small chainsaw,2400 edger 650 backpack]. 2year class redmax [225 edger,two 2600 trimmers,2500hedge trimmer,7001 backpack]. this year two fs90 trimmers]. honda 21hydro drive. 99ford f350 powerstroke red. 03chevy 2500hd gas peweter. i wanted the trucks to be the same color, but got the best deal on this one. as far as equipement, i buy what i demo and like the best. the best brand out there is what the user likes best.
  4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Look below......:usflag:
  5. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I basically run all Stihl handheld trailers all look same my trucks are all different but they are all the same color & all lettered the same
  6. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

echo and kawi trimmers
    echo and kawi edgers
    stihl br550 and br400
    shindaiwa hedge trimmers
    scag w/b
    grasshopper ztr
    ford f250
    chevy 1500
    kubota tractor
    and a cheap little poulan pro 18" chainsaw (that works great)
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Ferris mowers and Redmax trimmers and backpacks...less headache with consolidating IMO.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Right now, Exmark mower, all echo handhelds except for a redmax bp blower.
  9. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Just switching to Yazoo/Kees riders (love the dealer) and all Echo hand held equipment.
  10. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Trucks are ALL GM, Trimmers/blowers : Redamax

walkbehinds: SCAG ZTRs: Exmark WheelBlowers: Little wonder

Hedgetrimmers: Echo

I do have some other brands of equipment, but thats b/c every once in a while I find deals that cannot be passed up.