The Search Button

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by RaleighGuru, Apr 11, 2002.

1. RaleighGuru

RaleighGuru LawnSite Member

Just a thought. Lots of people post questions that have been answered over and over again. These people usually get told to use the search and often get flamed.

I use the Internet 8 hours a day and familiar with forums. I know to look for the search button and see what has already been posted. At Lawnsite.com the search button is often not easily noticed. It might be an idea to enhance the search button and make it more prominent. It might cut down on the repeated questions.

Just a thought.
    (I hope this has been suggested before as I didnt use the search to check! :p )

2. DaveK

DaveK LawnSite Member

3. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Guru.. did you search this before posting becasue there have been many threads on this... just kidding.. :)

I would have to second this.

jf

4. kevincook

kevincook LawnSite Member
    from ny

I agree!

I'm trying to figure out how to search right now. Can someone tell me where the search button is?

The only search button I have found so far is at the bottom of each post but it looks like that just searches for that user's other posts.

Thanks,
    Kevin

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The search button is at the top of the page in red.
    Where it says Register ~ Profile ~ Calendar ~ FAQ ~ eMail ~ Sponsers ~ Search

6. kevincook

kevincook LawnSite Member
    from ny

Thanks for the hint. The top of my pages was blank.

My pop-up ad blocking software was preventing that part of the page from loading. I book marked the search page so I can turn my pop-up ad blocking software back on.

7. DaveK

DaveK LawnSite Member

Doesn't sound like a very good program since the menu certainly is NOT an ad. And there are no "pop-up" ads at lawnsite at all.

If it blocks the menu here, I wonder how much you are missing at many other websites?