The server is too busy???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Mo Green, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been seeing this message alot as I have been trying to log on to my beloved Lawnsite. :angry: :angry: Anyone else been seeing this, too? What's the deal?

2. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

check out the thread right under yours. We have been getting it alot latley!

3. Mo Green

I had originally posted this in the off topic forum. After I wrote the post, I saw this topic here. Sorry.... ;)

4. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Not ment to be mean, just letting you know. No big deal!

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I can't provide all the technical jargon Pierre would use...but I know this. There are things we have to look into first and do some troubleshooting before just upgrading/adding. Pierre is on top of this and as soon as a sure-fire solution is available we will act. I personally apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused anyone.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you sean,
    it is irritating to have happen and I have started posting the exact minute that it happens to me( which has been a whole lot) I appreciate the fact it is being addressed and will do anything i can to help you trace the cause.
    Its not hard to understand that this can be happening when the visitors as well as members are overwhelming the server. it think that could be a good thing to be growing that rapidly.
    anyway thanks again, and please post whatever we as users can do to help you in addressing this dilemma.
    steve :D

7. Mo Green

Thanks for the info. :waving:

8. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

A little tip on this. I just typed a long reply to a post and lost it all because of this. From now on I am going to high-lite and "copy" my post and replies before I hit the post/summit button so if it happens again I can just "paste" it and try again with having to re-type the whole thing.

9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

got bumped off at 9:57pm last night, couldn't get back on.
    gave up & went to bed

10. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

I made some changes to the way pages are served, like moving all the images to a different server to lessen the load on this one. I'll see what that gives and make more changes if necessary.