1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The Shindaiwa AH230

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LoneStarLawn, Feb 21, 2001.

1. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking to get a extended hedge trimmer here soon. Wanted to know what people thought of the Shindaiwa and the price it runs.
  2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the shindaiwa trimmers. They are nice, but a bit pricy, I think I paid around $600. I could be wrong on the price I have to check. I'm not real impressed with them overall and I am a die hard shindaiwa fan. THey just don't seem to cut as nice as regular trimmers. They do come in handy for those hard to reach areas and are nice on your back!!
  3. tazman

tazman LawnSite Member

I just priced a AH230 and they quoted me $540. I am going to check out some other ones before I buy. I like the adjustable angles and reach, but seems pricey.
  4. The shindaiwa hedge blade seems to be not solid like the Stilh one (i use stilh). My plan was to buy a shindaiwa hedge head to put on one of my string trimer, but finally i prefer spend a little more money on a complete Stilh unit.(and choose the one you can adjust from 0 to 180 degre, very helpful.)

Tazman, don't worry about the cost, it will pay by itself...

[Edited by 4 Saisons on 02-22-2001 at 02:43 AM]
  5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

They do pay for themselves if you use them. The price wasn't really a big deal, but I just don't like them. I do like the easy adjustment on the angles for the end and they completely fold up for storage and they go on my trimmer rack easily. Thats just my opinion on them, you may like them more than me, but I just don't care for them.