1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The sign says it all

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjsquickcuts, Oct 3, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

It has gotten so bad here over the last 18 or so months that we now have signs posted around town warning of the watering ban. A few of my guys was telling me about this, but finally seen it for myself. We had so much hope going into today for rain, but of course just a bunch of clouds. But if we make it to level 5, then they are going to stop people from taking showers and baths....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

The grass still looks green...
  3. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that sign right there says you cant water. If you dont water how is the water going to get back into the ground. Boom
  4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what I was thinking.
  5. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

My brother lives in Smyrna, NW atlanta and he said its drier than a popcorn fart up there. Showed me pics of dry lakes.
  6. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

From the picture it looks like your right on the other cars ass man. lol.
    But yes that sucks for the watering law over there.
  7. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Im just south of tjs and its really strange cuz even though theres a drought ....Im still getting calls and still signing customers up on yearly contracts. I only have 3 that have irragation out of 40.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's not quite as bad as '02 but only because we had some rain, a good one in August and another in May, and a few T-storms, but other than that it's pretty bad here in VA as well, I'm sure we're right around the corner of mandatory restrictions (I think that's level 2 or 3). May sound like you're worse off, and in some ways you might be, but it's just a matter of time here, I sure hope we get some rain soon.
  9. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

Stafford is a cat 5 drought right at 100 days of water ..if you are caught water your lawn or washing your car they shut your water off --was in the paper monday--surrounding counties are close...but you still get the calls when are you aerating ?? ummm tomorrow would you like me to include your driveway for an extra 15$ because it is as hard as your lawn
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

What about Stone Mountain yesterday TJ? Did you hear about that? They started their snow making process and were getting water from City water supply...people threw a fit and they ceased!