1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

The sky is falling!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grandview (2006), Jul 19, 2012.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yes it has:clapping: The high humidity is like walking into a Sauna. Doubles the fatigue factor. I love it though because it usually precedes the flooding thunderstorms. Also makes it harder on the competition:drinkup:

2. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

Last weekend we were cutting & a storm poured down on us, by the time we found cover we were soaked & 10 minutes later it had stopped. Went back out to finish (clothes dried in a few minutes from sun shinning). We always be happy for it cause the grass is growing everywhere, unlike some of the other states.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Shame it didn't hit the soil. It might have brought back that one blade of grass from brown to green.

We've been getting rain most of the day. At least a 4-5hr soaking. Just that will put my mowing back on 7 day schedule for this coming week. I'm already booked on other jobs for 3-4 weeks and have 2 estimates to do that will more then likely be in the 3-5k range.

All that and I have a riding mower I need to fix for a band member of the Baby Jayne Band. The dude is a scale freak and can play anything. They open for Kix a lot. It's kind of funny but my brother in law went to school with most of the members of Kix. This dude lives a hr away but said he'd give me lessons at my place for free.

4. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

The rain has been dodging us with skill this year. It's getting bad. I had to lay a couple guys off for the last 3 weeks or so. Haven't had to do that for a while.

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

We can't keep up down here just enough rain to keep the turf growing at a steady pace!

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I was in the middle of the 1 -1/2 hour weedeating part of a job. I had finished the mowing part. Started pouring down rain. No lightening. I thought, man this feels good and just kept on going:laugh: