The smell of fresh cut grass!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by chris buck, Mar 31, 2007.

1. chris buck

chris buck LawnSite Member

Not the best looking stripes in the world, but not too bad. Just glad to be going full steam!

lawns 004.jpg

lawns 005.jpg

2. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice! What kinda machine makes stripes like that?

3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks nice to me.:clapping:
    What kind of mower did you use?
    Do you only cut in that direction or do you alternate each time? looks like ruts are starting to form.

4. chris buck

Thanks! That's a JD 757 60 in stripe. That is the second cut on this particular yard, and i like to go two weeks at first to get the stripe put in good, so next week I will be putting a new stripe in another direction.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good man! It's even greener than that here this year! Just got in the 2nd cut on all my lawns, 3rd on about a dozen of them, in MARCH. Simply unheard of around here. Usually only have one cut on most in march, maybe 2 on some "high end" ones. Spring is here!

6. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

just curious, where do you see ruts developing?

7. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

I think you're seeing the darker tire stripe; otherwise sounds like the customer who comes out saying you only mowed half the yard :dancing:

is that the standard stripe or do you have a striper on it?

8. chris buck

That's without a striper kit, but I have been debating on getting one put on it. Just wonder if it's worth that much money?

9. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion it already stripes nice i wouldnt add a striper, or if your looking for a deeper effect try to fab one up yourself to save some payup

Chris