The snows gone like 12 hours and the calls are startin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Dec 16, 2005.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:realmad: well the snow melted from last nights rain and the phone is already ringing to what day well be out to pick up leaves, unreal can the damn things dry out for a few hours, i hate people. tony

2. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

the phone started today here also.Looks like i'm digging out the equipment next week for 2 more days of fun!

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Wow that's dedication! There is now way I would dig out equipment to "unwinterize" it just for a few more leaf pick ups. I plow during the winter months so that keeps me busy. I'm not sure how much snow you have during winter but we have around 1 1/2ft on the ground now even after all the rain we had yesterday.

4. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Hey Jim. I'm going out tomorrow and three days next week. Its supposed to be a little warmer next week but I still will be breaking out the CARHARTS. If you see me out stop and I'll buy you a cup of coffee

5. Ol'time Lawncare

from NJ

i got my CARHARTS out already. Even cleaned some ice last week off a driveway. ok see ya next week

6. Ol'time Lawncare

from NJ

7. illday

illday LawnSite Member

we still have snow on the ground, but if it melts over the weekend ...
    I'll be out there next week.

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

man were in the same boat... everytime u post we got the same problems. gotta love the monmouth county crowd.. lol

9. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I would hate to bring out all my equipment again after getting it all ready for the winter. And then to pick up wet leaves in cold weather, that sounds like a good recipe for getting sick. Tomorrow I plan to take the boat to the keys and have a nice weekend.