The start of my pond project

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by LiL Hustler, Aug 16, 2005.

1. LiL Hustler

LiL Hustler LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone,
    Well, Like I stated before I was going to undertake a two raised ponds with a waterfall and 2 fountains. This a project I am going to do with little or no help from my husband or any of our employees. Doing it in my spare time. What little I have. I will be looking for advice as I get into areas I am not sure about and would love any advice from the experts as this project progresses. I will add pictures as I progress thru the job.
    First picture is of me starting the layout process.
    Sheri

layout1.jpg

2. LiL Hustler

The next few pictures are some of the designs I tried using a hose to see the result

layout2.jpg

3. LiL Hustler

I tried a few different ways

layout3.jpg

4. LiL Hustler

I read about using a hose as a layout but I still think it is hard to get an ideal on how it will look

layout4.jpg

5. LiL Hustler

Another layout angle

layout5.jpg

6. LiL Hustler

Okay, now that I have bored you with the hose layout pictures. Wait one more than we can get to work

layout6.JPG

7. LiL Hustler

Okay in the last picture , you see an empty trailer, time for someone to go get some ep Henry stones. I am using gray english garden wall.

stones1.jpg

8. LiL Hustler

See even a girl knows how to secure a load to make DOT happy. I did have to go thru a DOT check point the day I picked the stones up. Now problems the officer was nice.

stones2.jpg

9. LiL Hustler

Now, Even with all that hose layout, I still had problems with what it will look like so, only one thing to do, Lay the stones down and see what it will look like. I know its alot of extra work but i am not in a hurry.

stonelayout1.jpg

10. LiL Hustler

Boy the stones get heavy moving them back and forth, It doesnt help having a smart a$$ photographer making his comments. :angry:

stonelayout2.jpg