The Stone-a-Green ride on spreader/sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawrence stone, Oct 21, 2001.

1. The 2002 prototype is available for you review.

Still to be added are bigger 15" drive tires for more ground speed and a better ride along with taller front castor tires and wheels.

Yet to be installed is a 9-gal sprayer with a two-nozzle boom.

I am purchasing a 9 gal poly tank that is specially made to fit inside the Lesco spreader. The parts and boom from my 15-gal spreader will be retrofitted to the 9-gal tank.

From the opinions received about the perma green model my unit has none of the shortcomings and also mows 44" of turf.

If I can find a 37" recycler deck for this mower the machine will be 50 lbs lighter in the front making the steering much lighter.

This gives me a spreader/sprayer and a gate mower in one unit.

I used this machine on Friday and did a time study.
    Applied 250lbs of material to a 100k sports field in 40 mins. And that's at 4.5 mph. This spreader is MUCH better (and lighter) than an old JRCO I have been using. It throws about 10 feet wide so I can use this machine on smaller residential accounts also.

I have an extra 44" Toro in the garage.

Can I make a mower/spreader/sprayer for you?

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

What powers the spreader? The battery from the mower?
  3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I make a mower/spreader/sprayer for you?

4. Yes that mower has a battery and is electric start also.

Does a perma green start by itself? Can it run 10 hours on one tank of fuel?

I bought the machine with a blown engine for $200. Then I bought a 12.5 commercial Tecumseh for $370. Also changed the wiring harness to electric start, adding key switch, starter relay, primary wire, battery tray, battery hold down, and battery.

It has a new deck for they are easier to drop down vs. the older (1987) model 44" deck.

lawrence stone does not like to leave the sulky.

But if you have a Toro it can be wired to work w/o a battery.

It is a nice machine to have on your trailer because it is not one-dimensional.

Plus I think some you guys might be a little wacky spreading fertilizer all over a $8000 ZTR. My machine was built to be expendable.
  5. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Stone!!, You got the impeller wired wrong. You've reversed the polarity. It's supposed to spin COUNTER-CLOCKWISE! You have it spinning BACKWARDS!

How ever did you get it calibrated correctly?

(Let me guess, calibration is the next step.)
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Stone, looks alot like my Toro. I bolted a 1 1/2" tube on the front so that I could change the attachments easier. The spreader has a 1" tube that slides into the 1 1/2" tube. on and off quick. Set up like a trailer receiver but vertical instead of horizontal. I don't use it anymore, it made more sense to mount the spreader onto my new MTD Pro Z because the van was getting too full with it and the Walker. It and the sprayer come on and off with 4 bolts the liquid tank site behind the seat and holds 35 gal.
    I'm going to have to post some pics again.
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Here's a pic from last year. Spreader is fron Farm Fleet about Can $500
    Toro is from auction sale Can $375 starts second pull every time. Only use it once in awhile.