The Tax Man Cometh....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by impactlandscaping, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

60 hours dosnt seem bad at all. I remember Last tax season Id call my accountant at 10pm at his office to leave a message and he answer the phone. Told me during tax season 12-15 hour days 7 days a week was uncommon for him. My second Cpa I have seen working this kind of hours that time of the year. Come April 15th these guys look like they have been dragged behind a moving truck!
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Missy, how much you want to get mine slid through with a no audit guarentee LOL

3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

:D Mac, ya beat me to it.:D
  4. missytheaccountant

missytheaccountant LawnSite Member
    from Bama

Well if I had the power to guarantee "no audits" I wouldn't be working over 60 hours a week. And yes, I know 60 hours isn't a lot for some people....but it still a long work week and keeps me from other things I'd rather be visiting the mountains. But that is okay.....I chose this profession and I'll live with it until I find something better.
  5. Aproct

Aproct LawnSite Member

I work full time as an accountant. A note for you people getting ready to drop off your taxes, a sure sign that your accountant is good, if he or she opens the conversation and says "So what number are you looking to get as a refund?" Just kidding....

Taxes aren't that difficult. Just need to know how to work the numbers. Just a thought, rather than then waiting until after the new year, LCO should have a good accountant in place and pay for a year end tax consultation. This way, if you need to spend money, pay taxes or any other tax planning items, you still have time to make any adjustments before the year end. Just remember, you can't do anything after midnight, December 31st!
  6. dgram8

dgram8 LawnSite Member

I have a accountant that told me that the only way to make money being self - employed is not to show it all ( cash jobs) I only show what is deposited . I have a full time job but the lawn care gets me all the toys . My full time job's income is 85000.00 to 98000.00 depends on over time my taxes would kill me without the lawn care deductions!
  7. Aproct

Aproct LawnSite Member

Same here! I work for toys! :D
  8. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I did mine last week. Next morning I woke up at ten a.m. with a real bad hangover if that tells ya somthin
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I got hammered today, not drunk hammered, hammered by the Federal income tax that I owe. My accountant told me it was the social security portion that I have to pay in. Yes there are 3 zeros after the comma. I need some deductions. I have to quit making money.

You really cannot get ahead sometimes.
    Its always a learning experience and it certainly is better than living in another country.
  10. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

dgram8 - better be careful about what you admit to on this board. Just a warning...