The telehandler search is on!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by thepawnshop, Apr 10, 2006.

1. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

OK guys. You have all been so helpful in the past so I am looking to ya'll again for advice in my telehandler search. Thus far I have talke to two Gehl dealers about an RS5: http://www.gehl.com/const/prodpg_thrs.html and Terex for an TH636: http://www.terex.com/main.php?obj=prod&action=VIEW&id=cc08812a03701ad4ec4a6164de131d13&nav=prod&cid=6d18d9a15fdb6da73f44a893c21c0fb4 and I am open for any and all suggestions about these machines. I want at least 20+ foot of reach and 30+ foot of lift so please let me know your thoughts!

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You're out of control, Doug. Good luck with the search!

3. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Doug, Deere called today to ask me if they could hold one of my stock order CT322's for the fly in. Are you going? If you are drop one of your business cards in the pouch behind the seat.

4. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

I am DEFINATELY going and will be more than happy to drop a card in the machine. Is this something they always do? If so, why? Thanks for reminding me to "reload" my business cards before we leave. Never been to one of these things before so I am very excited, especially to be able to "play" on all of the machines. I am really looking forward to getting into the cab of some of the new "D" series excavators.

Any advice for a first time attendee?

5. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

ever thought about a JCB?
    www.jcb.com

here is a dealer by you:

JW Burress - Roanoke HQ - Compaction Equipment Only1301 Rockland Ave
    Roanoke
    Virginia
    Tel: 336 767 6900
    Fax: 336 767 7419

used machines can be found here:
    www.machinerytrader.com

i have owned a JCB Loadall for several years now, and have been very happy with it.

here's what they look like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine just got back from Arizona he said it was awesome...weather was great and he got some time on an 800D among other things...he said there were some lines waiting for the machines but the weather was great...

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Ive used the JCB 520 while I was a trugreen, with a bucket it can load into the top of an open top semi rig.

we ended up buying a Bobcat 723 vershandler. it had a 7k lifting capacity and could lift a 3 yard bucket full a debris and mulch into a open top semi and then some....

and it would move snow like nobody's business.

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

After spending many hours in a JCB backhoe I prolly wouldn't recomend JCB brand they seem too cheaply built.

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

other than the fenders(cheap plastic) on the 520 the one we rented for about a month or so never missed a beat. But since its europoean, parts are not cheap i woudl imagine

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The backhoe the interior panels were falling apart the outside panels were falling off. The little Perkins engine runs good if that JCB T.H. runs the same brakes as their Backhoes yikes not good.