The thing won't die!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by South Florida Lawns, Jan 19, 2009.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

230,000 miles on this thing, thats low for an 86 yota. Gonna put a solid axle under the front and then beat the heck outta it. Its not really a mud truck I'm gonna build it for the rocks and trails. I got some 38.5" boggers for it on yoyo wheels we'll se how well they perform. I'll update this thread as I build it, so stay tuned!

1.jpg

2.jpg

2. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

that thing will be sharp with an exo... what axels and how much lift u going with?

3. South Florida Lawns

from usa

I'm just using stock axles, I'll probably start breaking shafts, but the toy axles are strong and I will upgrade to chromoly once I do break. I wanna go with a 4" lift and trim the fenders heavily/bob the rear.

4. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Hell yeah that show just proves you cant beat the old Toyota trucks.

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That's a cool little truck. I love those things for off roading. Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing updates.

7. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

my uncles 92 yota hit 285000 the other day that truck goes anywhere you point it. in my opinion you cant beat a yota. our 03 tundra is the same way I think Ill definately get some miles out of it as well. its only got 76000 miles on it 0 problems though!! I cant wait to see those 38's on it!!

8. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

My cousin has that same 4 runner, he actually blow up a 22re.... amazed

9. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Watch that Tundra automatic transmission... the higher mile models can have issues. I think the 04 Tundra has the improved transmission.

10. South Florida Lawns

from usa

I got a good ol five speed manual transmission Aisin-warner. No problems to worry about.