the time has come, and it is prime

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 15, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i see the amigos at the gas station change the numbers every day, sometimes, twice a day. $2.34, $2.37, $2.41.........i think the time has come. the gas increase has not effected me, AT ALL. with my routes, my economy trucks, and my overhead, i don't care if they raise it to $4.50 a gallon. but, my competitors do. those clowns pulling huge enclosed trailers with big dump trucks. i am seriously considering putting out 20,000 flyers that read, " WE WILL BEAT OUR COMPETITORS PRICES (in most cases)." now, while these guys need to raise thier rates just to break even, i will come in at cheaper than thier current rate, and make about 400-500% more profit than them. simply because, i can. good idea, or what

2. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

Do whatever works! And if you can do it more power to you.

That is phenomenal if you can pull it off payup

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

With all your newfound work, how would you be able to keep posting here all the time?

Maybe, hire a sexretary to post to lawnsite for you, you could pay her $5.75/hr or better yet work off your debt to her, and you could go out and make that 500% profit. :cool2:

4. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

there is NO WAY POSSIBLE for the huge hilke in gas increase has not affected your bottom line, if you leave everything about your business the same and dont change a thing about it, your expenses are going up due to gas, and oil then how does that not affect you. you can get rid of an employee to compensate, cut corners on properties to make up for time, take a longer lunch, etc etc. the way gas prices have /are going up if your not doing some sort of surcharge then in time yuoll be out of business while those "big enclosed trailers" are still going down the road. Im sorry but the math just does not add up in the this case.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

it certainly does.

6. woel i'll dwink to dat bubby.

7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I can't say that I totally agree but Since gas has gone up (this year alone) the total difference between the beginning of the year, it's gone up about .55 cents a gallon. That said, that's an increase about .30 cents per lawn for the mower, .01/per lawn for my trimmer, and .08/lawn for my truck.
    Okay, so that's about .50 cents per lawn.
    Even if it goes to 3.00/gallon, if I raised my prices about a dollar per lawn, that will more than cover the increase.

8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this just a fancy way to say..you need a new cain pole to troll with?

9. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Deion Sanders....is also prime time!

10. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

of course the high gas prices havent affected bobby... all his equipment plugs in!