the top 1% of all lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, May 2, 2002.

?

Executive lawn service.

1. Go for it.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Might work.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Keep what you got.

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

After listening to bitches and gripes galor from all the rain I am getting ready to try a new approach. I want the top 1% of all property owners. I am in a place where you do it their way cause if you don't they get someone else. I do as good a job as any and a better job then most, but I am tired of people telling me how to do my job who don't know beans about the real way grass should be done.

This is what I want to do. I am testing in june for my state licenses, and after I test I want to get 10-15 customers who want to live in a "park" where it will be mowed at least once per week (this time of year 2 per week) trim the shrubs whenever they need it, apply fert and herbicides as needed, do whatever is needed as needed. I figure there are 5% of home owners that might want this service but only 1% that can afford this level of service. I am talking being solo and doing each place like there is a garden party the next day.

What do you think?

Jim

2. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I believe what you are searching for has a name........it's called "7th Heaven" ;)

Really it sounds like a great idea, but it will take time to get these kinds of customers. Most of us have 1 or 2 places like this but to fill your schedule with just these places would take quite a long time. Personally I would love to have it this way, but I can admit that I need the "mow-and-go" type places to pay the bills.

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I think its a good idea. Difficult to achieve, but possible.

Your basically trying to be a gardner for two to three estates a day?

You better learn all those pretty flowers, trees and bushes.

4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

A freind of ours has a few accouunts like that.One is called Lakeside its 100 homes or morehe mows, trimms bushes, does applications etc etc. Im not sure how the payment works but theres a small group in the community that he has to answer too.Thing is each owner still comes out and compplains about this or that.Allways gonna be that way.