The trend I'm noticing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Jun 3, 2005.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Cusotmers who signed up in the spring, March & April, generally signed up for weekly lawn mowing service.

Since about the middle of May or so, I have noticed that probably 80% of new cusotmers are signing up for bi-weekly service.

Anyone else notice the same trends with their sales?

DFW Area Landscaper
  2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Those are the cheapies. If you offer it, they will take it. I have the same thing. Im going to raise my prices a tad more next year. It is a nitch though. Not many Lco's here want them.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

We dont't do bi-weeklys...but im sure if i wanted to I could have a full slate of em... I find that the majority of them are FOREIGNERS. I will never do bi-weekly anymore unless she is hot and is willing to pay in alternative ways!
  4. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

A little sucky sucky can convince me as well....
  5. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

The nice thing about a bi-weekly customer is that they are less inclined to decide to cancel because they want to do it themselves. Two cuts a month is usually about $50 in my market. Once you start getting near the $100 dollar per month mark, the customers are very likely to cancel the service to save money on something they should be doing themselves. At $50 per month, I find the bi-weekly customers are staying longer.

As long as they comply with the fert restrictions, I have no problem with it.

If they think they're going to fertilize, that is another story.

DFW Area Landscaper
  6. budracin

budracin LawnSite Member
    from florida

if you line up the bi-weekly customers the right way...say..50 of them...thats 25 one week and 25 the next week. Your not missing a thing. So what if they are next door to who you mow every week. Adapt, adjust and overcome. I would take 20, 30, or even 50 bi-weekly over nothing at all. My plate is full, but I won't turn down money when the time is there. Just my 2cents.
  7. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Almost all of my customers are bi-weekly. Do any of you Alabama LCO's find that most people around here want bi-weekly service?
  8. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The way St.Augustine grows here in Florida mowing EOW is out of the question. From May through October they get mowed every week or they don't get mowed at all.

As far as I'm concerned, people that want EOW service are not worth the trouble. All they want is cheap service and will look for the lowest price from anyone that will give it to them. JMO.
  9. MWHC

MWHC LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

You will find that many of your beloved bi-weekly accounts turn to once per month when it gets nice & hot. We will not take bi-weekly accounts. Just curious; what do you guys do when the bi-weekly customers start wanting every 3 weeks?

Much depends on your market; our growing season is so short, if they don't want on for the full deal then no deal.
  10. Bi-weekly means twice a week, atleast that is what I recall. Bi-monthly means twicw a month. Do yall agree, I am still learning this Green Bus. terminology, let me know.