the turning of weather

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ajmctree, Mar 6, 2005.

1. ajmctree

ajmctree LawnSite Member

Up in northwest BC here we have had grass showing for the last 4 to 6 weeks ,but of coarse nothing is growing.Which is fine because at this rate we will be starting things 3 maybe four weeks early.
    Went to the shop getting all the gear ready for spring ,getting in touch with customers from last season and recieving many calls due to the weather.
    Then what happens our, five days of rain turns to snow not just a light dusting which would of been acceptable but 8 to 10 inches of the the wettest sloppiest heaviest snow amaginable .To say my heart sank was a under statement ,I think i'm starting to get the winter blues .We'll have this snow for weeks now .

Anyhow ,hope you guys who live in the warn temperate zones can appreciate your weather (except those guys who get tornados .I'll take snow anyday over them)

Ajmctree

2. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

Still app. 10 Inches on the ground here.
    Due to get more towards mid week.
    Was hoping to have started clean ups by now. Keeping busy on equipment maintenance. Really haven't been able to do estimates for new customers yet. :cry:

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with you my friend but you do live in Canada and it is only March. :cry:
    We were teased with the 50's here in Green Bay yesterday and today it is 40 but by tonight it will be in the 20's with snow again.
    Look at it this way. At least its not November. In 2 months I'll be wishing it was January again.

4. Bushwhacked

Bushwhacked LawnSite Member

Currently partly cloudy and 56 in tornado alley,forecast for 63 today. May have 70's this coming weekend...? Still most bermuda is brown and not growing so nothing to do yet. :dizzy: With April comes warmer temps, humidity and yes Tornadoes.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup started out this morning in the 40's with rain, and not it's down in the twenties with snow expected tonight with 30 to 40mph winds

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I always said March was the most unpredictable month of the year...last Monday at this time we were plowing 10 inches of snow, today it's sunny and 64 degrees in NJ. Go figure. :dizzy:

7. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

We topped 68 degrees at 2:30pm. Boy did it feel great! Now we're lookin at some thunderstorms tonite and snow tomorrow. The weather needs to make up its mind!