The Ugly truck gets some paint -- Need Opinon

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Classified, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I posted this on plowsite as well-

No the frame isnt bent, but it sure looks like in the pics.

My chevy had a company specific paint job when I bought it last year. I painted the cab black but left the box the green color. I bought brown paint for it but didnt get the time to paint it last year.

I used a single stage automotive paint shot out of a HVLP spray gun. I have never painted before so there is a learning process here and im getting better,LOL.

Ill stop blabbing in a second, chances are, you looked at the pics already anyway. But I am also getting a Ford F-350 reg cab long bed in a few weeks and I am going to paint it the same as my 03 ford. I was CONTEMPLATING painting the chevy the same color and just making it my theme from here on out. But I wanted to paint the chevy bed anyway since I dont know if I want to shoot the chevy with paint that costs $350 a gallon. BUT If I do paint it with that paint, I would paint the bed black with the left over paint from the cab.

OK OK here are the pics, what would you do? I know its terrible lighting, Ill get better pics tomorrow but here it is for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hondarancher4435

hondarancher4435 LawnSite Senior Member

looks great man

3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

That thing has alot of springs. Looks good!

4. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Paint job looks A+ 100%.

Should have used black though.

5. Classified

Ha, yeah it does. 11 leafs! They hold a load but sag more than I thought they would and I checked, none of them are cracked.

6. Classified

Thanks!

I thought about that but with the black cab, black wheels, and the black bed, I think it would be a little much, I dunno. I may paint the other side black tomorrow and see what I like better and Ill of course post pics.

7. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

you did a great job painting it . I would agree black might look better, just get some chrome simulators on it to break up the all black theme. But either way it still looks good

8. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Would be murdered out!! I say paint it black and slap some advertising on it....kinda looks like your hauling a big turd lol

9. Classified

If it helps, pic #3 is the most accurate depiction of the color. I am going to be repainting the wheels black and I am waiting on some stock front fender flares to come in. I will be painting them the same color as the bed if I stick with it.

10. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

If the truck had your decals, it would look better. Also I would agree with doing something else to the wheels. Painting it like your current Ford would be good looking too.