1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Lawn Setup!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SpudsM15, Feb 7, 2006.

1. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Here it is back in 99 when I was 16, I don't know where the echo curved shaft is...

Mowing setup 1999.jpg
  2. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Heres a bigger pic...

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

looks like you have made some advancement there neighbor:)
  4. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

thats pretty sweet is the mower self propelled? did you just pull the whole setup like a wagon from house to house?
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like he just pushed the whole thing around, i could have used that cart when i was just starting out!!
  6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

think about how much he's saving on gass!
  7. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

The funniest thing about pics / memories such as these is thinking back to the time when you took everyone out to the garage to see your set-up. I was just as pitiful when I started at 12 years of age. Never could shake the desire to cut, so still doing it 29 years later. (Had to put new tires on the wagon (18) times!
  8. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

when i was like 12 or so i would push a lawnmower around for around 5 blocks each way. no weedeater or blower just mow and go. i did learn eventually to take a gas can with me though.
  9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Same here. I started when I was in the 4th grade - whatever age that was. Push mowed everything, pushed mower about 2 block radius from parents place. Then I could ride bike and pull the mower, strap gas to side of mower and learned how to take corners! Then I moved up to pulling mower, gas straped to side, tanaka trimmer straped to back of moped!! Now that was a ride. I replaced many mower wheels! Dad had a tin backyard shed that you had to duck to get into. That was the equipment shed!! =)) (THE DAYS HUH)

Then I could drive! Finally.
  10. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I remembering getting started and using those hand clippers to trim fences, landscape beds, etc. those things were miserable!!!!!! anyone else use these?