1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

The ultimate mowing set up ever!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by nobagger, Apr 17, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yesterday I saw the ultimate mowing vehicle and trailer ever! It consisted of a 97 Ford Taurus pulling a 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer and bouncing down the road like it had basketballs for tires. He had the trunk open also carrying a 21"er and in the back seat was his brooms sticking out of the one side window. The trailer consisted of another 21"er, a rototiller, electric weed wacker and a drop spreader and 2 bags of fert. (Yeah I bet he is licensed) All of the equip. looked 15 years old. Not to bash him but come on I think this really makes him look ridiculous. If your gonna do it half a$$ed at least do it half a$$ed. But he had a nice magnetic sign said "T*%'s Economical Lawn Service"

2. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

Sounds nice! I like to see the 70something truck with the lettering in black marker!!

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

everybody starts somewhere......

4. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

All I have is a truck, but at least it looks nice with my stuff on it! Everything strapped down and nothing dangling around out of windows and such. Plus I charge out the ass and get away with it! I like to charge high cause i'm lazy and dont want to do a twice the lots for the same amount of money.

5. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Problem is, they never have the initiative to move on to anything bigger or more professional.

6. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow. It Must have been nice to start out with all the nice exmark mowers and all like you did.

7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

The next time you pass me, at least have the courtesy to wave at me. :waving:

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

ROTFLMAO! That was great!

9. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

LoL, Good one!!

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

This is true, but some people start there and stay there.