The Ultimate Skid Loader

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Stonehenge, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Okay everyone. Here she is. The world's largest skid loader.

110 HP

Lift to 12'

3600# SAE lift capacity

Tip weight over 6K

2. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

I visited and did you see how much that thing weighs? The operating weight is almost 10,000#, thats nearly 5 tons!! Let's see someone take that thing on a residential yard without making 6 inch deep ruts!! This is definitely a new construction site type implement with that kind of weight.

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member
  4. Andrew Hardscape

Andrew Hardscape LawnSite Member

I am a die hard GEHL owner. Anyone considering a new skid steer really should look at Gehl. They may not be a big name or have fancy features, but they know how to build a durable, long lasting machine. (except the models prior to 1997 had engine problems thanks to Perkins)

I get these new employees who have ran all the other brands. After they run a Gehl they say they never want to run anything else.
  5. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

What a machine. As i always say, bigger skid loaders and smaller tractors.
  6. Louis

Louis LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

If you guys get some time check out the Tackeuchi TL150.She weighs in right at 10k lbs on rubber tracks.Its a beast!!
  7. crash22201

crash22201 LawnSite Member

Thats a nice machine. It's not available yet.
    I was told next month. The machine has a good price
    too. I would say that Bigger is always better no???
    Daewoo has one coming out soon also It's
    supposed to have a higher working load limit.
  8. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at a JCB 520 Loadall. It had 16.5' lift height, 4400 lb lift cap. and over 7000 lb break out force. It weighed in at 9900 lbs. Anyone seen this toy, have any comments.

9. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a TL150 with mud on the tracks this week so they are available in our area. Looks like a nice machine.