The ultimate" What would you do" happened to me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eho, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Hey guys, Just to let everyone know, I'm a 19 year old solo op. Today I was doing some odd jobs, painting a fence, for a customer of mine. He seems like a very nice guys prolly in his 40s. At the end of a tough days work he came up and said" I'm leaving you your check and this tip in the garage...I'm leaving." As I look in his hand, the tip i see was three Beers! I didn't say anything to him then cuz it kinda shocked me. My first thoughts were" thats so cool"...couldnt wait to brag to my friends about it. Then I thought" what should I really do?" I was pretty sure the guy knew I wasnt 21, but I figured it wasn't worth the risk. I ended up leaving the beer and writing the guy a note explaining I wasnt 21 but really appreciated the tip. I just wouldnt feel right especially if later in the year my age came up and surprised him. I know what I did was the right thing, but what would yall have done. It was really tempting to take the beer, but I knew I couldnt have. Let me hear from ya!
    EHO

2. Fishin LCO

Fishin LCO LawnSite Member
    from NC

You did the right thing...it could have bit you in the ass down the road.

3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Mail me them beers Eho. BTW what is Eho? If it were spelled differently it would mean "son" in spanish.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Although difficult....you did the right thing. BTW, what kind of beer was it?

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Eho,
    Good for you.
    You have a bright future............

6. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Answering your questions:
    Budweiser, and I know Hijo means son in Spanish, but my first name starts with an E, last name with an HO. Similar to A-rod I guess. My friends have just called me eho for years and I guess it kinda stuck.

7. rickman

rickman LawnSite Member
    from Maine

hmmm....thats a hard one ;) depending on the type of beer it was.Is what I
    would have done I guess...if it was some cheap beer I would have left it too..

Im just messin wit ya! You did the right thing bro! BUT now Im kinda thirsty for a nice coooooold beeeeeeeeeer :D

8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have left the Budweiser, too.....unless I was really thirsty...LOL

9. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

YOU SHOULD OF GUZZLED THEM DOWN, why do you think he only left you 3 beers? so you could still drive home.

10. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

That's a tough one to call but I guess you did the right thing. I only drink at the end of the day and it's always margaritas, unless I'm eating oysters and then you HAVE to drink beer. I think its some kind of law.