The ultimate ZTR driveway plow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brentsawyer, Jan 20, 2002.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Looked and looked for information for months about manufacturers for Scag snow plows. Realized that what I was after didn't exist or couldn't find so I resorted to creating my own and after putting it to the test yesterday in 6" of snow, it passed with flying colors. I was able to clear virtually any driveway with large slopes easily and quickly without chains so no damage was or could be done to any surface. I even did one that the woman who lived there couldn't walk up with ease. Let me know what you think.

snow plow3.jpg

2. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Can't see it.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

How does the mower get traction?? Most get stuck in mud.

4. brentsawyer

For traction, turf tires are replaced with, DICO/TITAN TRU-POWER AT tires. They are same size all around and will fit many different mowers, check them out at http://shop.cedarrapidstire.com/
    From my seat, I have control of up/down left/center/right plow positions

5. Is that a Crapsman or MTD plow?

Post a pic of the mount please.

If it works good then your in like Flynn.

6. brentsawyer

I had it designed at a fabrication shop and several hours are in it of mine and others time. I'd post pic but as you can see, my digital camera has seen its better days and won't show any resolution. I'm in like Flynn, believe me. 10 straight hours yesterday

7. brentsawyer

side view

snow plow.jpg

8. Is that attached to the deck?

Did you over grease the caster wheels?

I use marine grease on my caster wheels.

9. brentsawyer

It is attached to the deck in existing holes so that no modifications were made to the deck. The temperature was around 30-32 degrees at snowfall time is the reason for the snow being stuck on the wheels. This shows its usefullness even more considering it was a heavy snow.
    I usually enjoy occasional sarcasm but two in a row is a bit much, especially when I have done something you haven't and offering information.

10. Exuse me but the only sarcasm was "in like Flynn". I am asking relavent questions.

And is that a Craftsman or MTD plow?

The over grease question, was to know because you are going to get excess water in your wheel bearings.

Thats a lot of dynamic load on your deck.

How do you know I have not done similar, Because you are quite incorrect. So watch your attitude.