1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

The Walker by Walker (pics)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by timsjeep, Feb 6, 2004.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I did take one out, You are correct in that they do mow short grass very well BUT if you get the correct weather the grass can grow very fast! then what do you do? You get an out dated mower to do the job.
    I will say that the walker is great in short dry grass.
    Oh i have some info for you on the NEW 52" walker deck. The blade speed is 16,200 FPM. And they bafled the deck to stop blow out and to cut the tall weeds better.
    John

2. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I dont mow (just fert & squirt) but I sure love those walker mowers, My wife will not let me replace my 10 year old 44 toro with one.

Ive talked with Bob Walker several times he is a great guy and really cares about his product and the guys that buy them.

3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Ouch!

4. oleo

oleo LawnSite Member

Walkers cut nice but they dont hold hills worth a damn! Great machine otherwise!

5. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I had understood that one of the advantages of a Walker is that it navigates hills better than regular Zero Turn mowers. Any comments. This is from one of their sales brochures. Any way you shake it, I think they are awesome. If I had more money I would have bought one. I was limited to my JD. One day. Question, how long have you been working with the GHS. It looks new. All the other pictures on Walker's I have seen they are all scared up on the deck. Are you meticulous with cleaning or is it fairly new?

Phil

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

nice new macine. !!!!!

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Tim, thanks for sharing the pics. That sulky looks like a pretty neat design.

Does the metal bodywork over the engine serve any purpose?

If you get a chance could you get a pic of the deck flipped up? I like that feature a lot!.

I'd like to see them design a different style of controls instead of the pistol grips. Something a little more with the times.

Congrats on the new purchase.

8. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

I thought that same thing about the pistol grips untill I took it for a test spin. This is the best handling WB I have ever used. The controls are very sensitive and responsive. With my old pistol grip Gravely, JD, and Toro mowers, the distance from the grip to the brake lever was almost too much for my hands to reach. The walkers are nice and tight to the grip and they are very easy to squeeze. If you don't want to buy a new machine, don't demo this or you will have a new mower! I will get some pics of the deck up for you soon. Tim

9. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Nice mowers. Have fun

10. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

Here are some of the deck in the up position. Tim

p1010048.jpg