the "walker" by walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, May 1, 2008.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see many people on here with them but does anyone know if you can run the snowblower or perferator on the walkbehind walker and if you can change say from a 36" SD deck to a 56" deck? Anyone with any info or who has one, please give me some information.
  2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

They are only a 15 horse., probably not enough for a 52. The dealer here won't stock any here because they are hard to work on. Lots of parts in a small space, belt changes require a lift etc.
  3. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

They are great mowers ive heard. I am actually looking into buying one, but i dont know about the engine size will be able to handle my needs for it. I do like how the deck flips up for your trailer so it doesnt take up as much space etc.
  4. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

hard to work on--what a croc--they are as easy as eating pie to work on, on those moghty rare occasions whne you might have too......
  5. dishboy

from zone 6

Might be that they are easy to work on and they don't expect any shop money on them. I don't believe most of what salesman say , I just repeated what the he said. I wonder if the 15 is enough HP for the 42 inch mulch deck?
  6. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

the 15hp kawi is fine for the 42" mulch deck, but the 56" will bog it down. I love walker's products, and I might take some crap for this as a dealer for them, but I don't feel the walk behind is as good as the rest of their line. They really need to offer a higher horsepower option for the larger decks.
  7. dishboy

from zone 6

Do you know the list price on the "Walker" with the 42 mulch deck?
  8. BMFD92

I would like to be able to switch from 48" deck to a 36" deck when needed. I am just wondering if the decks are interchangeable like the walker ride ons. Can you run the perferator or the snow blower on them too?
  9. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

On the decks, yes.

As far as the perf and snowblower I would say no. The perf pretty much requires you to be on the tractor to monitor speed and to raise and lower tines. The snowblower has two chains that mount to the chassis of a tractor to assist in lifting the blower via springs. If you did 'rig' it up to work you would always be fighting against the mechanical advantage used to runn the blower.

The Walker-Walker interchanging a 48 and 36 mulch deck would work fine.
  10. BMFD92

ok thanks for the info