The WAR has started!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluesteel, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Not in Iraq, but here, right here! Long standing, but unsaid agreements not to bid on the other guy’s turf has been flagrantly breached. Widespread treaty violations are now in effect. So … the war is on!

I don’t know if it’s the economy, unemployment, whatever, but this means all out WAR! I’m not waiting for U.N. approval, I’m going bidding on every account I’ve had my eye on, and bidding to win. They’re shooting at me, now I’m returning fire!

Don’t know who’ll be left standing, but be careful, this conflict could escalate and spread to your area. Hide the women and children. CYA!!!

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Get em Tiger!

3. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

IMO ~ if some of you guys spent half as much time concentrating on your own company as you do your local 'scrubs' or competitors you would be even that much more successful.

4. Don't ask me who.
    Don't ask me why.
    All I know,
    is you're gonna die!

5. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, your lead opener here was unfair! I was not sure what to do first, open the thread or turn on CNN! My heart just dropped.

You got my attention! This thread might become red hot!

6. Fair? You want FAIR???

Chances of that are Slim and None. Don't look now, but Slim just left the building!

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Can we be a little more specific as to what the problem is.

Who
    What
    Why
    Where

Your shouting at the masses!:blob2:

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Been Lowballed by a friend?

Its only competition if you can handle ALL of the work.

9. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Ive been worried too.
    I have alot of friendly competitors and when
    they start taking accounts where I do a good
    job, That means war, and you know
    your in trouble when your friends turn your
    back on you.
    Anyways, Im gonna stay true, and only bid on jobs
    where the client was unhappy or has already decided
    to hire someone else.
    Moral OBLIGATION__ Do not take jobs and steeply undercut.
    especially when you know the other company, treat
    your neighbor as yourself
    I have tooken a few jobs but the customer said I offered many more services, fertilizing, irrigation that the other did not offer, and that seemed legit.

10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I try to explain to my customers that "you get what you pay for". If a low ball company approaches my customer, I re-enforce to them what my company offers and why I charge what I do, and for 3 years I have not lost a customer to another company. I do a small amount of advertising in a local paper, but most new contacts that I get are from word of mouth, so I am not going after any other companies accounts, the accounts are coming to me.