The way to spray.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KTO Enterprises, Sep 9, 2007.

1. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Chemical mowing at its best. Have to start 20 acres tomorrow and a total of 7 miles of silt fence, both sides. Stakes, pins and lot signs. Not to mention another week worth of bush hogging starting next week.

spray rig tractor.jpg

2. TurfGuysInc.

TurfGuysInc. LawnSite Member

Looks like you got the right equipment to do it!

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like fun.

4. KTO Enterprises

Its a blast. especially when I dont get along with the guy who lives next door, so friday I had to calibrate it, so all i had in it was plain water and bullseye indicator, and had around 25 gallons of mixed water left. He was on vacation so i used the high pressure hand gun to dye his pool pretty blue. Hopefully the color stays until he gets back.

5. KTO Enterprises

correction. It is the most dull mind numbing thing I have done yet. At least bush hogging you can see the difference as you go. All this doe is turn everything blue for now. Another full day of it tomorrow.:hammerhead:

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

You can always put a nurse tank in the bucket of the tractor. Lift the loader to fill the spray tank and cover more ground. :laugh:

7. KTO Enterprises

Lol. now thats an idea.

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have gotten the 100 gallon instead of the 55.

Oh well, they pay by the hour, so who cares. They are happy so I am happy.

8. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

what are you spraying? that setup is great. i would love something like that.

9. KTO Enterprises

Glyfosate only. Acres and acres of glyfosate.

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! 7 miles of silt fence is a lot! I just removed about 250 feet of double row Type "C" silt fence and it was a PITA! Armed with a post puller and a 9000 pound winch I finished last Saturday. Do to the location of the fence it had to be removed by hand.