The Whale

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by niteliters, May 26, 2006.

1. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

I have been paticipating on this forum for several months and have something to add from my companies experience . You want to get the big account. stay firm on you price and they will come ( could take many years if you don't have someone else competing with you on the same level). Invest the time or you are just another spoke in the wheel. Learn all you can...don't ever think you have reached the top of the mountain. Someone will knosk you off. Here's a controversial comment. Don't mess with service contracts. The top customers don't want to mess with signing this and that. They only care about if you will take care of them...do that. If they call you say how high..word will get around. My companies goal is to have enough jobs to operate on service only. We're getting close. Do this and you will insulate yourself better for harder times.chris

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

And Chris is a whale of a lighting guy in a pond of minnows! This guy is top of the line and really knows his stuff. I agree that you should never compromise your price and ALWAYS provide superior service.

3. niteliters

Paul, may I share your latest achievment with this forum???

4. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Let's wait till the ink is on the paper, shall we. I hope to have signed contracts by the end of the week.

5. desert night light

desert night light LawnSite Member
    from AZ

True success is realized when others are talking about you positively and not you talking about yourself.

6. niteliters

desert, we spent many years not talking about ourselves and that was barely sufficient. I am in a smaller town so we don't have a large # of whales. They are around in our county and surrounding counties but they have vacation homes here and live elsewhere. We have had some success the last two years by trying to tell anyone and everyone out there about us. Joining chamber/home builders/talking about oursevles to all in the green industry. Telling people about ourselves through different types of advertising. I guess we are fortunate to have several years of building a solid foundation to build off of. I will tell anyone who will listen about what we can do to "light up there night"

7. niteliters

If I misunderestood you comment please elaborate.
    chris