The wife has lost her mind

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

The wife has lost her mind she wants me to put a add on craigslist for some more biz. She does not believe i will get pita's and cheap skates.

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

don't do it! you are right!

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Well,

You won't hear the end of it till you do so may as well play along and prove her wrong.....

4. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

Well , it IS getting real close to the end of the season, at least here in N. Fl. Any calls you might get is gravy this time of year. Just a thought......

Walt

5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

frontier-lawn, i was just on craigs list and there are alot of ads for our area! unreal, i can't believe the cheap prices they are charging..how can they make any money?

6. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

I did an ad on Craigslist earlier this year. I dind't quote any prices, just services. Got two nice clean-ups @ $70/hr. Only one call who wanted a clean-up for little or nothing. I passed and laughed at her as I was leaving her driveway!!

7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i saw one for $10 per cut. one reason is the wife cant find a job after taking off to have a 2nd kid and we don't have the xtra $ do any ads anywhere else.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

With advertising, as a rule you get what you pay for.

You're as well if not better off just lower your prices.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Do like I did....I put my wife on Craigslist last year! :walking:

10. SomervilleLawncare

SomervilleLawncare LawnSite Member

I got some great customers from craigslist this year. I did a few quotes where I heard "the neighbor boy does it for $10 bucks" but overall I added a couple of my best clients from craigslist.