1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The World of Sports

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sean Adams, May 3, 2008.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

In case you missed it...

Last night the Cleveland Cavaliers eliminated the Washington Wizards from the NBA playoffs for the 3rd straight year with a convincing 105-88 whoopin...

LeBron James was masterful again registering another triple double.... If you have been following this series, the Wizard players were claiming that LeBron was a crybaby, the refs were impartial, and they didn't win the series because they weren't healthy as a team... This reminds me of the 90's with Michael Jordan and the Pistons/Celtics/Cavaliers....excuses, excuses. excuses

And, believe it or not, but the Atlanta Hawks (maybe the worst NBA playoff team ever with 37 regular season wins) have forced a game 7 by defeating the Boston Celtics - the team many people were ready to just hand the NBA Championship too at the start of these playoffs...

I have never seen a team so horrible on the road and so spectacular at home... I guess home cookin does matter!

Also last night, apparently, Kobe Bryant was named the NBA MVP for the first time in his illustrious 12 year NBA career. Congrats to him - he deserved it this time for sure.

Marvin Harrison, WR for the Indianapolis Colts was questioned about a shooting outside of a Philadelphia bar that he owns... bullets were found at the scene that match a gun that he owns. However, he has not been accused or arrested....yet. I'm sure there is more to come on this one.

And for you NASCAR fans, last night in Richmond, Denny Hamlin used a late pit stop for tires to win the Nationwide Series, after Kevin Harvick and Carl edwards pretty much dominated the entire race.

As usual there was a post-race scuffle...this time between Kyle Busch and Steve Wallace...

Busch and Wallace had words after Wallace nudged Busch out of the way on the last lap and then went wide as Busch passed him back. They exchanged sharp barbs when it was over.

“I basically told him if you mess with a bull, you’re going to get the horns, and then he wanted to grab my helmet, which is pretty childish,” Busch said of his confrontation with Wallace at Wallace’s car. “If he wants to play those games, he’s going to get hurt.”

Wallace said he didn’t know what Busch was saying during their confrontation.

“He’s just a little girl about it. I don’t know. I think it’s pretty bad when they call driver introductions and everybody in the grandstand boos you. He’s a sore loser,” he said.

And finally, and most importantly, the Pittsburgh Steelers began their mini-camp yesterday morning and they had newly drafted rookie Running Back Rashard Mendenhall there as well.

I smell another Super Bowl for the Black & Gold...OK, I say this every year, but that's what homer fans do!
  2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Good Thread

Flyers @ Canadians tonight
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I hate allergy season, my nose gets all plugged up too.
  4. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Saturday is Hockey Night in Canada starring.....Don Cherry.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I am anxiously awaiting football season. Go Giants!