1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

The worst commercial mower you've owned.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chipk1, Mar 23, 2007.

1. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

What is the worst commercial mower you owned? Manufacture, model, year, and why it is the worst?

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

61" Wright Sentar. I'm not sure on the year, I think a 2003-2005 though. It had a 25hp Kawasaki. I hated everything about that mower except the quality of cut and power, both were excellent. I wanted to run that mower into a pond. It makes my blood pressure rise just thinking about that thing...UGH :angry:

3. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

52" bobcat rider. Actually, the mower wan't bad, but the supplier, Haywood Industries?, sucked the life out of it. They never had parts in stock for it.

Haywood? sucks.

I want to be correct on the supplier. I will get confirmation and post back. This is a regional supplier, and they blow at what they are supposed to do.

4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

A Howard Price 180 large area mower.
    That pos broke faster than a democrat in front of a senate committee on ethics.
    80 hp Perkins diesel engine was the only thing good about that machine.
    Sum b i t c h broke literally every time it was run.

5. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco floating deck wb. Couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Horrendous cut, & controls sucked. Bought another tthp.

6. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

husqavarna ztr 60" cut it left strips when cutting dealer said i need to mow yard twice? i got my money back

7. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Encore 60 inch hydro walkbehind..... It left a strip of clippings between the far left and middle blades, and overall did not have a good cut. I also owned a Encore 48 inch and pair of 36 inch walkbehinds, they all sucked, but the 60 was the worse.

8. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

44" Toro ztr. Broke so many times I can't count them. It also had an electrical problem no one seemed to be able to figure out.

9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I had ztr husky for about 6 months and wasn't happy with it. It was a used machine when I got it and didn't cut well with new blades and just didn't do that well for me so I sold it for a small loss

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

JD, 60" ZTR with 25 HP Kohler engine. Biggest piece of junk I have ever owned.