The worst day yet!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, May 13, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

well today i loaded up to go do a mulch job that was to far to begin with!:rolleyes: the beds where royally messed up:eek: weeds out the a$$, grass growing through-out. i started working everything was ok except the messed up beds. i move all six yards im claening up and all of a sudden as im pulling some pruned brachs to the trailor bees attack me:cry: so im running around screaming bees, bees then i dive and roll around!:cry: after i felt they were gone (luckly no stings) i got up looked around to see that no one saw my strange yet comical dance and dive:eek: by this time i'm hot and tired so i figure i mine as well start my car and turn on the a/c, so i start it and walk away to start finishing the final cleanup, just sweeping up. well i finsih and walk to my car to find all the doors locked:angry: i just about flipped i'm tired hungry and i WANT TO GO HOME:angry: well i asked the customer for a coat-hanger and after thirty minutes with no luck i called my best friend. im like do you think you can drive me my spare set of keys, NO thats to far away (just to make the point, this is the kid i drove to iowa for when his parents forgot football tickets to the haweyes game, he called 11:00 on a wendsday, it was 4 hrs there 4 hrs back) so then i called my dad to bring my keys. i keep trying and after an hour im wondering where the HELL is my dad. finally my sister calls says he is lost, so i give him directions. twenty minutes later he shows with the keys im like WTF to so long. he got lost and drove around for a while. so i go to unlock the door and guess what they don't work:mad: by now im flaming my car has been running for two hours while i have been sitting there twidling dixie. the car i have will not let me open the door with the keys or use the key fob while the car is running:angry: so my dad says hook the door handle 2 minutes later POP it opens. aaaaaahhhhhhhhh time to leave the only good thing that happened was when i landed a job at the neighbors for $150 that will only take 2 hrs:D

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have locked my keys in the vehicle lots of time, especially during the winter months with snow removal. It's not fun to walk 2 miles at 4am in the morning in the cold.

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i locked my keys in the car a few months back, feels weird breaking into your own car.

4. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

i keep a spare key in a magnetic box under the truck. I learned the hard way three times!!

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

buy a chevy and as long as your keys are in the ignition the doors wont lock

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a key pad on my doors that I use to get in. Lots of times I'll leave my car running with the doors locked if I'm just running into a gas station or something. It's also saved my butt several times.

7. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about the bad day! 'Least you didn't get stung. LOL

8. neal-wolbertsinc

neal-wolbertsinc LawnSite Member

Look at all the things you learned. Your Dad is smarter and more handy than you...you really need to look for some good friends....you need more patience...and if you really look hard, you may find a good thing (like the neighbors job) in the midst of every mess. Thanks for sharing...it made my last bad day seem not so bad after all. Neal

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Odd, my Chevy locks the doors automatically.

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Don't ya sometimes think that someone really was watching you from a distance and they were pizzin their pants laughing. I am sorry you had a bad day, especially for the fact that your car ran idle for over 2 hours with gas prices the way they are. You did make some bucks and salvaged another job out of it but I'd say the ex-best friend needs a little azz kickin for stiffin you. I hope today is better.