1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The worst piece of Equipment ive used

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PrecisionLawnsInc, May 26, 2005.

1. PrecisionLawnsInc

PrecisionLawnsInc LawnSite Member

Well a local dealer had a Everride Warrior on hand to demo out. I think they are considering picking the line up. I got a call this morning to try this unit out since my ZMaster is in for service. When I got on it I found some things I liked and didnt like but the worst was yet to come. First what I liked. I liked the pivoting front axle with deck that pivots with it. I liked that the parking brake is integrated into the control levers (when the levers are in the out position the brake is on).

I get to the first site to try the unit out on (one of my best customers) and check that the deck is where i need it at 3 inches. Pull the mower into the side yard as usual and kick it up to half throttle and engage the blades. Boom, killed the mower instantly. Start it back up and put it at full throttle and start the blades, engine drags way down but recovers. I pull forward mowing about 20-30 feet and look back to see what the cut looks like. TERRIBLE to say a word, With the deck set at 3 inches the mower was actually cutting well under 2 inches (and scalping this nice yard really bad). So I stoped and adjusted the deck higher.... continue mowing around the back of the house to the other side yard. When I make it down to the street to turn around I hear a big THUD. Oh great what now. The stupid thing threw a deck belt. Now call me crazy but this isnt the kind of warm first impression I was hoping for. The mower has some inovative features but is still in the development stages and is not ready for commercial cutters to be puting thier reputation on the line with.

I forgot to mention that this was a 25 hp kawi with the 60 inch deck.

I also didnt like the non-folding ROPS and the control levers have an unusual shape to them.

Has anyone else had problems with this mower. I certainly will not buy one after this 2 minutes of hell.

Precision Lawn
  2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Post a pic of the yard if you are able to. Sounds like you got a lemon on loan.
  3. Sweetwater

Sweetwater LawnSite Member

I see you have one really great mower...the Toro! IMO nothing is going to compare to your Toro or my Exmarks...I just sold a POS Stander and bought another Exmark. I guess you like your Stander, but maybe like the demo you just tried, mine could have been a lemon. There is not enough time out there to waste on junk and I'd say the"Warrior" is probably junk.
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

My guess is that your problem with engaging the clutch and having the motor stall has something to do with a belt problem........the two are probably tied together.