the worst things thats happend

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zim bob the landscaper, Aug 22, 2005.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

one of the worst thing was we put in a new lawn and when it was ready to mow she wanted us to mow it so we went and mowed it and she came out and said she wants it as low as it can go we told her it is not good for the lawn definitely the first time it is mowed she said it will be fine so whatever i lower the mower and start to mow and she must have raked out her flowerbeds because there were small rock everywhere i finished and the next time wee mowed it she came out and said as low as it can go we told her we will not do it that low again it will dull our blades so she just shut the door and we did not see her until collecting the bill :p

and another thing it is more funny than the other one this spring one of our costumers asked me to cut the onions down so i did and boy did i cry :cry:
    those thing were so strong i could not believe it i could hardly see

2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I did a new lawn install for a guy last year. He insisited on buying his own seed online, so I said fine whatever. Killed off his yard came back 2 weeks later around the beginning of May and tilled it up. Told him I'd be back the next day to lay down seed and he said fine. It was getting kind of late anyway. Came back the next day and there were tire tracks all over the yard and 2 huge mounds of dirt in back and 1 in the front. Politely asked the guy WTF. He said he wanted the yard to slope a little. I told him it was not in the agrred price for me to do so. He flipped when I told him it was extra. He called the other guy where he got the dirt and he agreed to come spread it out. It took the guy 2 weeks to come spread the dirt. When he finally did come, he busted a water main in the back yard. The city came and shut off the water, in the meantime, it is a swamp and we were expecting rain. Can't do anything till it at least mostly dries up. Takes another 2 weeks to dry. I go back and weeds are starting to grow already and the lawn is hard as a rock. I told the guy he either was gonna pay me more to re-till or do it himself. He decided to do it himself. I told him the temps were getting too high for the grass to germinate and of course he obviously knew more than me and said it would be ok. I then told him I would have to kill the weeds off again and wait a couple more weeks and he agreed. So, I sprayed AGAIN that night and he tilled the next day. Not only did he till the yard, but he went down about 14 inches and took out the neighborhood's phone and cable. I went ahead and planted the seed and put the fert down ( it was about 93 degrees). Got my check and told him good luck on the grass as it was not going to grow. Needless to say, he came to my door this spring wanting a refund. I told him to sue me that it was his fault when he altered the job like he did. i then contacted the neighbors got all the pics that I took and told my guys to get ready to go to court. He never sued cause he knew it was his fault.

3. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

One of the worst things that's happened to me is that someone from this board owes me $1400 for snow plowing sub work I did for him. I call all the time trying to get ahold of him, and trying to track him down. He told me he's going to sue me under the fair debbt collections act. He hasn't moved on it yet. Be careful who you work with.

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Wow,I hate to hear something like that happened to you.Being ripped off by someone on this board is totaly unacceptable :realmad: .That person whomever they are PAY THIS GUY HIS DUE NOW! :blob3:
    He held up his end now you hold up yours!
    If there is a good reason for not paying him then have the gonads to post it for all to see. :cool:
    What you are doing makes us ALL look bad .
    Be a man and honor your debt to this guy.

5. bottlefed89

This guy is defenitely the furthest thing from a man of honor, in my opinion not much of a man at all. I've given him many payment options, etc.... He'll never even answer his phone, I'm sure he doesn't have the courage to respond here.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Post the name if your calling him out and lets hear both sides of the story.

7. bottlefed89

Well, he won't say anything, but HE knows who HE is. I won't name any names, just would like the money that is rightfully mine.

8. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

sounds like a certain jerk here in pennsy i used to call "friend"............call the guy out on his screwjob!!! do it so nobody else gets screwed or sue his azz and when you win you can tell us all the details because that will prove what you say is true..and a court case is usually available to the public

payup payup payup payup

9. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

If no call out ,Why bring it up then?If it so bad and mind altering,its time for a call out.Who knows ,it might get some action about your problem.

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Something does not seem right with only 1 side of this story. If its as you say I sure as he!l would be posting a name. Look at the symbiot thread and see the reaction that got when naming names.