The Worst Work Day Ever!!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by MCS Lawn Care, Mar 7, 2006.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

the money was still green
  2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

n/m , my reply probably would have been deleted anyway..
  3. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i think i might have just mowed his bushes down on my way out
  4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Can we grow up alittle? Why take offense to that??? You are obviously more intelligent and better off in the real world than he is. I never let words bother me, I don't care what they are or who they are coming from.

At least he paid you:usflag:

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the majority here. I experienced that when I was in the big deal.

It's safe to say that I had a very sheltered life growing up in a small town in Wyoming. I was 20 years old when I first encountered racism, and it was from a black sergeant. It bothered me a little, but I learned to ignore it once I realized how ignorant he really was. Actually, I kinda felt sorry for him.

It's really sad to see a person with so much resentment and hate in their soul. In a case like this you should hand him back $10 and ask him to put it in the offering tray at church. Then tell him you'll keep him in your prayers, and ask God to fill that dark hole in his soul so that he may learn to love his fellow neighbor.

Then make a quick exit before he gets his hands on your tools and tries to kill you.
  6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Should of told him, It would of cost half as much if he was white!
  7. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

:laugh: Now thats funny!
    Seriously, though, this guy was obviously a moron. Let it go. Like someone else said, black folks have been dealing with much worse than this for centuries. Don't let it change your view of blacks, either. If you let that happen because of one idiot, then you are just as dumb as him. He doesn't represent the black race, only his own stupid self.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

He paid the bill. What's the problem. Dropping the money was a little rude. If he wants more stuff done, do it. Another lesson for the day is preventative maintenance. Don't wait for things to break, just replace them after so much time. Down time costs more than the parts.:)
  9. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

True too. Just because of one person being an idiot doensn't mean the rest of them are like that. I have a tendency to explode inside. BUT, sometimes hoplding back in the long run would evenually payoff, wouldn't it? Well, also think of this: if people are really that ignorant, dumb and stupid to even mention something like that or any other remarks, Ask our self this> Why should I lower myself to his/her standards? ( I ask that each time I get racial slurs at me me or any comments/remarks)
  10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

If that's your worst day ever, then you have not been working that long....He paid you to be slave for a few biggie....Its what all your coustomers do, some are just nicer than others...

So he's rude. but he's got cash...As steve miller once said...."go on take the money and run..."