1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The Wright Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jklawns, Feb 5, 2008.

1. jklawns

jklawns LawnSite Member

I am looking at getting a Wright Sentar Sport 36". The majority of my yards are between 5000 and 10000 square feet. I need something fast and agile but quality of cut is a huge factor.

I looked at the quick mowers but I have not heard anything on Quicks cutting southern grass low 1"-2" very well.

Would the Sentar Sport be a good choice for cutting bermuda low?

Thanks for the help

2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a great choice
  3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I got a chance to drive a Sentar Sport for a few minutes. Wow, what a nice mower and what a small package! There are a few members on here that have actually cut with them that can give some insight as to the durability of it, but Bill Wright (and Jim Velke, I believe) paid alot of attention to detail. They are not cheap, but they are top notch in quality. :usflag:
  4. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

I demoed a Sentar 48" & 52" for a week last month. I was very impressed with the cut quality and the sentar handles well on slopes. The sentar has the floating deck which is a plus and I like the fact that it takes up a lot less space in the trailer. I was able to put (3) 52" Sentars in my trailer, my 2 exmarks fit, but definitely no room for a third. I have 2 48" exmark's and I am selling one to replace with a 52" sentar. I would definitely demo one if you get the opportunity.