Theft of Website Content

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by JimLewis, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

Well their website looks ugly anyway, they should have copied your colour scheme and page layout too... Idiots.

btw, do you think a company that actually makes websites for people is responsible for all the copy/pasting etc. I mean they won't know what to fill up space with.

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

At first I thought it could be a joke website. Who knew they had lush lawns around Khartoum? Besides the strip near the Nile, it's a freaking desert.
    And most pics you see of the area aren't exactly swanky. And I wasn't even aware they spoke English there. Yes, it was a former British protectorate, but when they cut off Gen Gordon's head I assumed they tossed the English language as well.

But as for the stolen intellectual property, I'm not surprised. Some of the posts here indicate a new wave of folks determined to put as little effort into this biz as possible. After all, we're here just giving away valuable information. They probably just assume we don't mind if they take a little w/o asking as well.

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

4. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

In the real world nearly all threats of legal action don't proceed because of the cost and time involved in legal action.

5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Geez Jim ... should make you feel important. A global following.

You have a good color palette

Here ... let's all play Mr. Potato head with Jim's site.

It was tempting to send them an email, since their contact page invites feedback for their (I mean your) site as well.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Hey! Get your back-side off my web page, Mister!

:laugh:

7. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, you gotta realize the the view may be selected for a reason. You never know whats on the other side. Maybe its what's on the other side of the redwood - LOL

Guess I'm going back down to hike in that area later this month again. Maybe 2 weeks from now. I very much enjoy winter hiking in coastal forest.

Redwood_Growth.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  8. CrazyBlonde

CrazyBlonde LawnSite Member

It takes all kinds! You've got GREAT stuff, so it's a complement. Too bad he's not local, and you get the biz off his hits.

9. PestPro

PestPro LawnSite Member

Why don't you just protect your graphics?

10. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

:cool2:
    :cool2: imitation is supposed to be the strongest form of flattery right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.