1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Theft story for the books!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jimmdenver, Oct 26, 2005.

1. jimmdenver

jimmdenver LawnSite Member

Here's a theft story for the books!
    I was doing some cleanup the other day on a very large property. I had two guys with me, using the usual assortment of backpacks, push blowers, rakes, and tarps. Well, we left the Fradan 14 horse and the echo PB 630 by the truck (I know I know, this is how EVERY story starts). Anyway while we're all in the back, a rival landscaper drives by, sees the equipment, stops, and attempts to load it into his truck. Well about that time Robert (we call him Bobby), one of my employees, was going to the truck and sees this guy loading the stuff into his truck. He manages to sneak around to the door of his truck without being noticed, gets in, and waits till the rival loaded it all up. Then he drives the truck away! Leaving the theif right there! Bobby calls me up on his cell phone and tells me the story, and tells me he already called the cops. Bobby just parked down the road. I don't think this was necessarily the best way to handle it, but I have little sympathy for theifs! I wish you guys could have seen the look on this guys face! I told him his truck would be around shortly with the cops. He got arrested for larceny and luckily Bobby didn't get in any trouble.

Thought you guys would like this one. Never a dull moment this fall.
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

paybacks are a beatch.........................
  3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Now thats a good one! Justice at its finest.:D
  4. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

Hey ... what ever it takes. I hope you follow through and make sure that they get jail time!!!

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

takes a thief to catch a thief.....

i got a good laugh, thanks.
  6. stevegeraldo

stevegeraldo LawnSite Member

sounds like you got a good man on your side,take him to lunch,and let him pick the restaurant!.
  7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

One good theft deserves another. Nice trick, well played. Definetly prosecute him as far as you can.
  8. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

way cool!!!!!!!!!
  9. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like your employee just stole someones truck.
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Now, that had a different twist to it...I like it.:D