THEGOLDPRO'S 2011 Stripe/Equipment thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Apr 25, 2011.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Hey Goldpro, stripes look good. I was curious what you didnt like about the Cheeta that you said you demoed? What made you choose the Lazer? I would like to have a Velocity Plus for the wet days.

My Lazer was down for a week due to a blown engine and I had to use another mower and it made me realize how much I love my exmark. It's just awesome at just about everything except the really wet, thick stuff. The handling is far superior to anything I've used.

Im surprised you blew that belt. Mine has 740 hrs on it.

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Well to be honest i didnt hate the cheeta it was a good machine i just liked the lazer a little more. The main thing i didnt like was i demoed one with the size engine i was going to buy it was a 29hp and it seemed to bog down on hills and stuff like it was drawing too much power or something. the lazer felt smoother and didnt bog down like the cheeta did on the hills i put it on. Im also not sold on the 2 speed gear box i know i would never mow with it full out so that would only be used for transpost speed. and the last thing was i like red and black lol i decided i wanted to keep em all red so everything matched.

3. THEGOLDPRO

Biggest thing is making sure the first line you make is straight, if the first line is off the rest will look like crap. Pick an object in the distance and drive right for it dont look down at the deck dont look around stare at whatever you set as your mark and dont take your eyes off of it. Also dont make big corrections while mowing it will make the lines look like crap, keep it smooth and make very small corrections if you need to.

4. THEGOLDPRO

Couple from a 40 yard mulch job we are doing at one of our commercials. will post more tomorrow when we get some more done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. THEGOLDPRO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Did you go to the dealer in Stratford?

7. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

down by the water?

8. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

THanks for the great tip pro, tried it today and the striped were nice and straight!

9. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I bought mine near the Volkswagon dealership and autozone.

10. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

at buget? near bridgeport ct?